Teleclass # 52 – Larry Marietta – Tax Time
Tax Time Quickly Approaches Question You Should Be Asking Yourself
- What is the difference between tax planning and tax preparation?
- What is the IRS definition of a real estate professional?
- Why do you want to be one?
- Real estate conversions; how to avoid the gain. It’s a basis issue.
- When are you a dealer and not an investor?
- What should your business entity structure be?
- What is new for 2012?
Listen in as Larry Marrietta covers your business, strategies and taxes for 2012.
Why You Should Listen
- There is a big difference between having someone prepare your tax return after the year is over, and working with someone throughout the year to control the result.
- It literally pays to be a real estate professional.
- What are the components of a gain? What constitutes basis?
- The consequences of becoming a dealer vs. an investor.
- How to structure your business to reach you maximum potential as a real estate investor.
- Tax law changes applicable to real estate investors.
Our Guest Speaker will be Larry Marietta, CPA, President of Marietta Financial Services, Inc.
Larry Marietta is the president of Marietta Financial Services Inc. Larry graduated from Indiana State and has a B.S. in both finance and accounting. He is a licensed Certified Public Accountant and spent 6 years working in both large and small businesses in the roles of Auditor and Controller before opening Marietta Financial Services, Inc. in 1998. Marietta Financial Services, Inc. educates their clients on important tax strategies and offers bookkeeping and accounting services (primarily with Quickbooks software), tax planning and preparation, and payroll preparation.